Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Bookmark and Share
Record #: O2015-118   
Type: Ordinance Status: Passed
Intro date: 1/21/2015 Current Controlling Legislative Body: Committee on Transportation and Public Way
Final action: 3/18/2015
Title: Vacation of public alley(s) in area bounded by W Washington Blvd, N Talman Ave, W Warren Blvd and N Washtenaw Ave
Sponsors: Burnett, Jr., Walter
Topic: ALLEY - Vacation
Attachments: 1. O2015-118.pdf
INTERGOVERNMENTAL ORDINANCE

WHEREAS, the City of Chicago ("City") is a home rule unit of local government pursuant to Article VII, Section 6 (a) of the 1970 constitution of the State of Illinois and, as such, may exercise any power and perform any function pertaining to its government and affairs; and


WHEREAS, the properties at 2633-2663 and 2667-2673 W. Washington Boulevard and 35-43 and 47-55 N. Washtenaw Avenue, are owned by the Public Building Commission of Chicago, a Municipal Corporation, and the City of Chicago, in Trust for the Use of Schools; and


WHEREAS, the Public Building Commission of Chicago proposes to assemble properties for the Chicago Board of Education / Dodge Elementary School including the portion of the alleys to be vacated; and


WHEREAS, The City Council of the City of Chicago, after due investigation and consideration, has determined that the nature and extent of public use and the public interest to be subserved is such as to warrant the vacation of part of the public alleys described in the following ordinance; now, therefore,


BE IT ORDAINED BY THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF CHICAGO:


SECTION 1. ALL OF THE NORTH-SOUTH 16 FOOT WIDE "OPEN ALLEY" BY BOARD OF EDUCATION, RECORDED NOVEMBER 24, 1959 AS DOCUMENT NUMBER 17720341, LYING SOUTH OF AND ADJOINING WEST WASHINGTON BOULEVARD AND LYING NORTH OF AND ADJOINING THE EAST-WEST 17 FOOT WIDE PUBLIC ALLEY IN BLOCK 2 IN MARY SMITH'S RESUBDIVISION OF LOT 3 IN THE CIRCUIT COURT PARTITION OF THE SOUTH HALF OF THE SOUTHEAST QUARTER OF SECTION 12, TOWNSHIP 39 NORTH, RANGE 13, EAST OF THE THIRD PRINCIPAL MERIDIAN, ACCORDING TO THE PLAT THEREOF, BY REPORT FILED JUNE 5, 1856, ANTE FIRE, IN COOK COUNTY, ILLINOIS.

ALSO

THAT PART OF THE EAST-WEST 17 FOOT WIDE PUBLIC ALLEY LYING EAST OF AND ADJOINING THE EAST LINE OF WASHTENAW AVENUE AND LYING WEST OF AND ADJOINING THAT PART OF THE EAST-WEST 17 FOOT WIDE ALLEY VACATED BY ORDINANCE PASSED OCTOBER 14, 1959 AND RECORDED NOVEMBER 24, 1959 AS DOCUMENT NUM...

Click here for full text